Innovation & Competence
// more than 300 completed development projects
// over 20 years of experience in development and validation
CONGEN – Projects
CONGEN is an innovative biotechnology company. Our core competencies include the design and validation of multiplex real-time PCR procedures. CONGEN is among the world leaders in this field. The goal of this method is to enable the detection of increasing numbers of targets using PCR methods within a single reaction vessel. Reliable multiplex detection methods allows clients to answer questions faster, simpler and more efficiently.
Our key competences:
- Development and validation of high-multiplex real-time PCR
- RNA and DNA applications in challanging matrices (blood, urine, respiratory secretions, feces, swabs)
- Multiplex real-time PCR adaption to various Point-of-Care formats or customer specifications
- Adaption of nucleic acid extraction and amplification to new technical innovations
- Specific probe based SNP Analysis using real-time PCR
- Sequencing analysis
CONGEN Product developments
The solutions we develop are motivated either by clearly defined demands by our clients or by analytical problems that remain unsolved. At present, CONGEN is at work on solutions for applications in the following fields:
- Stool diagnostics
- Respiratory diagnostics
- Nosocomial infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Parodontitis diagnostics
- Tumor therapy
- Metabolic disorders
- Mental Disorders
- bacterial, viral and parasitic zoonotic pathogens
We work with a network of partners from the research and industry sectors in order to find innovative solutions with product advantages over the state of the art.
Are you interested in working together with us to develop new strategies for detection according to your own specifications? Are you planning a new research project and looking for a competent partner?
CONGEN Selected Development Projects
- SECuREg – Rapid test for the identification of clinically relevant ESBL and carbapenemase resistance genes
- ZEUS – On-site control of zoonotic pathogens from meat samples
- InnoStep – Joint project: Development of innovative production-integrated microbiological step control systems in meat production for the reduction of Campylobacter and Salmonella spp.
- EMIDA ERA-Net: LA-MRSA – Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus lineages in primary production: ubiquitous pathogen, contaminant, or recontaminant between animals and humans
- Taschentuchlabor – Impulse Center for Integrated Bioanalysis